Stellenanzeige: Technical Assistant, Genomics in Biomedicine (CeMM), Wien, Österreich
The Biomedical Sequencing Facility is Austria’s leading technology platform and service provider dedicated to genome sequencing in biomedicine. It is located at the CeMM Research Center for Molecular Medicine of the Austrian Academy of Sciences and operates in close collaboration with the Medical University of Vienna.
To keep up with rapid growth, we are looking for a highly motivated Technical Assistant who would like to contribute to cutting-edge research in the field of genomic medicine. The successful candidate will operate the latest genome sequencing equipment and contribute to high-quality sequencing services to biomedical research and genomic medicine. At CeMM, we take career development of our staff seriously. For example, we will train the successful candidate in state-of-the-art technologies that are in high demand in academia and industry, and we encourage contribution and co-authorship to scientific publications. Importantly, genomic medicine is a hot topic in Austria and internationally, thus creating a highly promising area for career development.
• Bachelor or Master degree (or equivalent) in the life sciences with strong wet-lab experience
• A high degree of accuracy, reliability, and organization skills; commitment to high-quality service provision
• Proactive mindset, getting-things-done attitude
• Prior experience working with DNA and/or RNA
• Prior experience with next generation sequencing is a plus (but not mandatory)
• Prior experience in a molecular diagnostics laboratory or biotech company is also a plus (but not mandatory)
• Friendly, collaborative mindset and ability to work in an international environment
• Written and oral communication skills in English
• Motivation to work in one of the fastest-moving and most future-oriented areas of biomedicine
Please find the detailed job description here: http://medical-epigenomics.org/files/Job_Posting_Technical_Assistant.pdf and visit our institute's website: http://www.cemm.at